Friday, May 27, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll

Hi, friends! I'm so ecstatic about some recent developments in my life that I'm foregoing the general fluffy introduction and jumping right into the reasons why my face is plastered with a full on, ear to ear grin.

Reason # 1
Summer vacation just began!!!! Need I say more? No, probably not, but I'm so excited about it that I just can't contain myself. AAAHHH!!! It's summer break, people, and you all know what that means. It means sleeping in, lazy days, reading for pleasure, writing, boat rides, water balloon fights, and the joy of watching kids run through sprinklers. Man, I love summer!

Reason # 2
I just launched my official author website. Please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top show me some love and check it out. I'm very proud of it, and would love to have your feedback. (I'm especially interested in hearing from you if you read Saving Elizabeth on Inkpop.) Do you think it conveys the overall feeling/tone of the novel?  

Reason # 3
I think I've saved the best for last! I, author Amy Machelle, have just signed a publishing contract for Saving Elizabeth. Eeeeek! Are you as excited as I am? I am beside myself! As soon as my editor receives the contract and everything is finalized, I'll post more details. Keep checking this blog and my new website for updates.  

So, understand why I slightly resemble the Cheshire Cat? Good things are happening in my life, and I'm so thankful! It's been a long time coming, but now that they're here I say, "Let the good times roll!"

Oh, by the way. How do you like the new blog design? I changed it up a bit, okay a lot actually, to match my author website. I wanted there to be somewhat of a flow. What do you think? 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your publishing deal! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Saving Elizabeth being published! I knew that it was going to be published. I am looking forward to be reading it. I rushing to the nearest book store to buy it. Would you be interested in doing an interview?

    I'll email you the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lydia and Raven. I'm very excited about it. Raven, I'd love to do an interview! I'm guessing this would be for your blog? I'll email you. :)

    P.S. If you haven't already guessed, this is Amy. For some reason blogger wouldn't let me post as myself. Oh, well......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I already said it on inkpop but CONGRATS! I'm sure you deserved it. I'll go and read Saving Elizabeth...Wonder what it's about. If you haven't guessed, Elizabeth's the first name of Mrs.Darcy. Moi. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God! *does a five-minute long fangirl scream*
    You have no idea how excited this makes me! I remember reading Saving Elizabeth about four times on inkpop! AHHHHHHH!!!!

    I'm so excited for you! And I want details like who's your agent(if you have one) and are you being published by HC or another house? I'd e-mail you, but... yeah. I don't have your contact information. :)

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Darcy, thanks for the congrats. Hannah, I'm so glad you enjoyed SE!!! You can contact me by filling out the form on the contact page of my website. (To answer your question, no. It isn't HC. I'll give more details when paperwork is finalized.)Again, blogger isn't letting me comment as myself. Ugh! So frustrating! :/
    Amy Machelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the family, Amy! Patricia has said good things about you and your work. Love the website!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Elizabeth. I'm very excited to be a part of the family. Patricia as been so sweet and helpful. I'm thrilled to be working with her.

    ReplyDelete